Five thoughts on the Rob Bell controversy
1. To those who think they know what the word Evangelical means and feel that all of their congregation believes the same as they do.
Ecclesiological labels don't work anymore.
2. To those who present a firm theological response on every subject.
There is a difference between having a good memory for bible verses and understanding the big story.
3. To those who want to reject people who have genuine 'life' question.
Ignoring important questions does not make your views more correct.
4. To those who spend time trying to defend a religion.
Deciding that someone is OUT of the orthodoxy does not mean they are.
5. To those who want to destroy a man in order to destroy an idea.
You can be wrong even if you were right.
- Posted from my iPhone